Trust CenterDisclosure Statement
Disclosure Statement Stage 1 - Financial Advice Provider.
The information below is important and is disclosed by The Lending People Limited (FSP240365), trading as “Lending People” (Lending People, we, us, our), about our financial advice services. Our address and other contact details are below.
About our financial advice provider licence.
The Lending People Limited Trading as Lending People (FSP240365) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice services.
The nature and scope of the financial advice we give.
We provide financial advice services (through our financial advisers) in relation to personal loans for the purpose of consolidating your existing personal loans from New Zealand lenders (where the loan amount applied for is more than your existing debts) but excluding home loans.
Our financial advice services will take into account your disclosed objectives in relation to debt consolidation. We won’t consider other matters such as your personal circumstances, affordability, interest rates and credit history.
We provide financial advice services in relation to personal loans from the following lenders
- Avanti Finance
- Branded Financial Services
- Cooperative Bank
- Geneva Finance
- Financial Holdings
- Finance Now
- Latitude Finance
- MTF Finance
- Nectar Finance
- Oxford Finance
- Unity Credit Union
We provide financial advice services (through our financial advisers) to help you take out a Lending People Home Loan (the lender is Pepper New Zealand Ltd) to purchase or refinance a property.
The financial advice services we provide will be limited to considering your disclosed objectives in relation to thehome loan and the structure of your home loan. We won’t consider other matters such as your personal circumstances, affordability, alternatives to purchasing. In some cases we may advise on the consolidation of your existing personal loans from New Zealand lenders with the home loan. We may also advise on additional mortgage
Except as noted above, we do not provide financial advice services in relation to personal loans. Our services in relation to such personal loans are limited to helping you to access and apply for them including confirming whether you may meet eligibility requirements for such loans.
We do not provide financial advice services in relation to credit contract insurance (including insurance referred to on our website). Where we provide services in relation to credit contract insurance, our services are limited to helping you to access and to apply for insurance including confirming whether you may meet eligibility criteria for such insurance.
The duties we have when providing financial advice services.
Lending People, and our advisers, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 and the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (Code) related to how we provide advice. That includes duties (among others) to, in summary:
- Give priority to your interests.
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill.
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge, and skill set out in the Code.
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set out by the Code.
In most cases, our fees will be added to the total loan amount and will be paid to Lending People by the lender, when you take out the loan. We charge fees for some non-advised services. We will advise you of those fees separately.
- No fee is payable if you do not enter into a personal loan or home loan arranged by us.
- If you take out a personal loan arranged by us (whether we provide financial advice services or not), we will charge you a fee of between $0 and $995 (GST Exempt).
- If you take out a Lending People Home Loan arranged by us, we will charge you a fee of $1450 (GST Exempt).
- If you take out a Lending People Home Loan arranged by us and then repay or refinance your loan within 28 months of our loan being advanced. Lending People reserves the right to charge you a fee of $250 per hour (capped at 4 hours) for the time spent to get the loan approved and/or implemented.
We may receive a commission from the provider when you take out a loan through our service. For a home loan, we may receive an ongoing annual commission over the life of the home loan. The commission amounts will vary depending on the provider and the type of loan.
The commission is a fixed percentage of the amount borrowed or the outstanding loan amount (for ongoing commission).
Prioritizing your interests above our own is our imperative. We follow a process that ensures any advice provided on our behalf is based on your relevant personal circumstances and objectives.
In addition, we carry out yearly independent audits of our compliance programme, and all our financial advisers undergo regular training about managing conflicts of interest.
Our complaints process.
Lending People is committed to providing a consistently good standard of advice. If you feel we have not lived up to your expectations or are not satisfied with any aspect of our service, please let us know in the following ways:
- In writing:
The Lending People Limited
PO Box 105063, Auckland City, Auckland 1143
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it under our following internal complaints process:
- Within five working days, we will provide a written acknowledgement of your complaint and give you the details of who is handling your complaint and how to contact them.
- Within ten working days of receiving your complaint, we will write to you with our final response. Where a claim relates to more complex matters we may need to extend that timeframe, which we will do by writing to you within that ten working days.
If our internal complaints process cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact our approved dispute resolution scheme Financial Disputes Resolution Service Limited (FDRS). FDRS provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint. You can contact FDRS as follows:
Postal Address: PO Box 2272, Wellington 6140.
Phone: (0508) 337 337
Our contact details.
The Lending People Limited trading as Lending People (FSP240365) is the Licensed Financial Advice Provider.
Phone: (0800) 899 879
Physical Address: 48 High Street, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010
Postal Address: PO Box 105063, Auckland City, Auckland 1143