Trust CenterDisclosure Statement
Disclosure Statement (Financial Advice Provider).
Lending People must disclose the information provided in this disclosure document on our website.
If you would like to listen to this privacy statement instead, you can do so here.
Our licence status and conditions.
The Lending People Limited Trading as Lending People (FSP240365) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide digital and personalised financial advice.
The nature and scope of the financial advice we give.
Lending People provides both digital and tailored financial advice on the following financial products and services:
- Credit Contracts (including personal loans, business loans, and residential mortgages).
- Insurance Contracts (including life insurance, credit-related insurance, mechanical breakdown insurance, and motor vehicle insurance).
Lending People does not provide advice on KiwiSaver, managed funds, shares, bonds, or investment planning services.
Any financial advice provided by us or on our behalf will consider only the information you have given us about your needs and objectives.
The duties we have when providing financial advice.
Lending People, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, has duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 related to how we offer advice. A summary of these duties include:
- Giving priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to ensure our interests do not materially influence our advice.
- Meeting standards of competence, knowledge, and skill to ensure we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice.
- Meeting standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care to ensure we treat you fairly, act with integrity, give appropriate financial advice, ensure you understand that advice, and protect your personal information.
Lending People may charge a fee should you proceed with a credit contract arranged by one of our advisors. This fee varies depending on the type of credit contract:
- For Personal Loans, we charge a fee of between $0.00 and $995.00.
- For Residential Bank Mortgages, we do not charge a fee.
- For Residential Non-Bank Mortgages, we charge a fee of between 0.00% and 1.00% of the amount advanced.
No fee is payable for our services if you do not proceed with a credit contract.
Commissions and incentives.
We may receive a commission from the provider of any financial product or service arranged by one of our advisors.
The amount of commission paid to us varies depending on the provider and the product. For credit contracts, the commission is usually a fixed percentage of the loan advance. For insurance contracts, the commission is generally a fixed percentage or portion of the retail premium.
Managing conflicts of interest.
Prioritising your interests above our own is imperative. We follow a process that ensures any advice provided by us or on our behalf is made based on your needs and objectives.
In addition to yearly independent audits of our compliance programme, all our financial advisers undergo regular training about managing conflicts of interest.
Our internal complaints process.
Lending People is committed to providing products, services, and advice of the highest standard. If you feel we have not lived up to your expectations or are not satisfied with any aspect of our service, please let us know.
The Lending People Limited
PO Box 105063, Auckland City, Auckland 1143
By telephone: 0800 899 87
By e-mail: email@example.com
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
- Within five working days, we will provide a written acknowledgement of your complaint and give you the details of who is handling the case and how to contact them.
- Within ten working days of receiving your complaint, we will write to you with our final response and the reasons for providing it or explain why we cannot give you a definitive answer and let you know when we expect to be able to offer it.
Dispute resolution process.
Should our internal complaints process not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact our approved dispute resolution scheme:
Financial Disputes Resolution Service Limited (FDRS)
Postal Address: PO Box 2272, Wellington 6140.
Phone: (0508) 337 337
This service is free and will assist you in reaching a satisfactory outcome.
Our contact details.
The Lending People Limited trading as Lending People (FSP240365) is the Licensed Financial Advice Provider.
Phone: (0800) 899 879
Physical Address: 48 High Street, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010
Postal Address: PO Box 105063, Auckland City, Auckland 1143